I think I am finally getting a little confidence in my writing ability and the work I am doing. I wrote three pieces yesterday and they were all accepted. Granted the money isn't grand or anything but it is something to help out and having them so readily accepted definitely helps with the confidence building. I am setting a goal to write at least three to four pieces a day so that I am earning at least a little every week to help us out with the small stuff. The long term goal is to make my writing profitable enough to actually help support us but that may take some time.
Things are going okay on the home front other than the typical stress of everyday life. Our son has moved out officially at this point and we have the eldest in the vacant room and (can you imagine?!?) no one sleeping in our living room anymore. Well, unless the little one asks to sleep on the couch, which seems to be some kind of treat for her. As much as adjusting to having adult children may suck, and it does believe it or not, there are advantages to having fewer bodies in the house and releasing responsibility for them. Our oldest will be moving back into her dorm and starting her Sophomore year at college in August and then we are down to one. I am not sure if she will be coming back next summer as I know there are some summer programs at school she would like to be involved in and then there is always the possibility that her boyfriend will have his own apartment and she may choose to stay with him through the summer if she does come home. We still get her on the holidays and such so it is nice to have a space to put her now that isn't on the couch.
Another big goal we have is to move out of this money suck of a house and into something smaller and more economical. I would love to be in a position to buy a home but without me working a full time job for at least six months, that is not likely to happen unless we can get owner financing. I am sincerely hoping that the Gods see fit to help us find the right place so that we can get moved and settled before the youngest starts middle school in August. I really don't want to have her start school and then uproot her in the middle. I always hated transferring schools in the middle of year when I was a kid. It happened fairly often because we moved around a lot and I want our children to have more stability than that. We managed to keep the two older ones in one school district through their middle school and high school years and I would like to do the same for the baby. We will have to see how it goes though.
It is time for me to get back to work. Blessings all.
No comments:
Post a Comment