It is Monday morning and time to get back into rhythm. I am trying to get into work mode this morning and finding it difficult to focus. Time to enlist the Mp3 player. There are some great things going on though, so the distraction isn't all bad.
We are getting things worked out for our Pride celebration. We had a local accepting church offer their space for several of our events and we met with the Pastor and looked over it yesterday. The place is huge and laid out in such a way that it will be perfect for us! I was so excited and am so very grateful. We can host our festival, our drag brunch, our education day, and a few other things in this space and it is set up perfectly for all of the above. We are even considering talking to them about hosting our Winter Ball and Second Chance Prom in the space in December. It is just incredible and has so much potential. It is a good thing I don't have free reign and a remodeling budget, just saying. It is one of those spaces that you walk into and immediately start seeing all of the things that can be done with it. So much love for these guys!!
I also have one of my best friends, who also happens to be my sister in law, home to help out. This is a great bonus for me. I am looking forward to learning more about sculpting from her (she is awesome at it) because it is something I really enjoy doing. It will also give me a means to help make some money and get my name out there and hopefully garner some business for Everything You. I enjoy making the jewelry and have ideas for some very elaborate pieces, but I really love the sculpting. The act is very calming and therapeutic for me and I have come to love having the ability to make pretty things. I am looking forward to a productive future and trying to get my business off the ground.
I know it sounds like I have way too much going on, too many eggs and too many baskets. Sometimes it seems like I have too much going on, even for me and I feel like I should focus on one thing. I talk myself out of this by reminding myself that the things I am doing are things that I love and if I persevere, I can turn these things into a lifestyle and career. I love to write, though this type of writing and stories are much more fun than the articles I currently have to write to earn money. I love crafting, sculpting, sewing, and beading. I can't imagine a better way to make a living than creating beautiful things and watching someone's eyes light up when they see it and just have to have it. As frustrating as it gets and as crazy as it sometimes makes me, I can't imagine never planning another event for my community and missing out on the absolutely amped euphoria that comes from pulling it off successfully and knowing that everyone enjoyed the results of all of the effort I put in.
So while I often tell myself I need to scale down and focus on one thing, I don't think it is something that would keep me happy. I may not become a millionaire or even make it to what is considered upper middle class (hell, I don't qualify for middle class either) but I will focus on doing things that help other people, make me happy, and maybe bring a little happiness in bits and pieces to others. Or so I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment