Monday, July 23, 2012

Updates

So I should have update before now but life is what it is and sometimes gets away from me. We have been busy with getting Pride planned and trying to get all of the details nailed down, I have been trying to get everything taken care of for starting school (yes, I was accepted to the Master's program and am starting class officially tomorrow), and I have been taking more goof off time than I should.

I have been in a pretty funky space. I think part of this is the heat. I do not handle heat well and it makes me feel lethargic and listless. That is not a good recipe for getting things done. I think another part is sheer rebelliousness because of everything I am supposed to be doing. I have lists that are miles long and often feel I am tackling things alone because I hate to ask for help and if someone doesn't see that it needs to be done, I don't feel I should have to ask. This is one of those unrealistic expectations that I seem to have a problem letting go of. I am working on it though. My husband has been wonderful and we now have some very hardworking, go-getter types helping us with Pride stuff so that is a nice bonus.

I seriously can't wait to get through my daughter's birthday, getting the oldest back to college, and getting the youngest back to school (not to mention getting through Pride). All of that will happen in August and once that is over, I want to seriously concentrate on school and my business. I need to get some things made before Pride but I also want to get a session set up with a photographer so the pictures on my website are more appealing. I think the pieces I make will go much better if people can really see what they are buying and I can get some publicity rolling. I am going to get very focused on what I can do to boost my business and some of my friends' business' in the process.

I think I am also going to sit down with my husband when this is all over and talk to him about setting real goals to move away from here. By the time we would be financially able to do so, we should have the Alliance on solid enough ground to hand over the reigns to people who are capable of keeping up the momentum and plan on staying here. I almost feel like we are doing the organization a disservice because if we had the money, we would leave tomorrow. Then I think about the positives that come of doing as much good as we can here while we are still here. I think it pretty much levels out.

I am sure I will be back soon to rant about school and keep my thoughts from exploding in my head. Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment